A Gentleman’s Guide to Love and Murder
A distant heir to a family fortune sets out to speed up the line of succession by using a great deal of charm…and a dash of murder. This Broadway hit is filled with unforgettable music, nonstop comedy, and a scene-stealing role for one actor who plays all eight of the doomed heirs. Can Monty Navarro juggle his fiancé and his mistress, knock off all eight of the heirs without being caught, and become the ninth Earl of Highhurst? See this knock ‘em dead TONY AWARD WINNER FOR BEST MUSICAL to find the answers. A GENTLEMAN’S GUIDE TO LOVE AND MURDER with book and lyrics by Robert Freedman and music and lyrics by Steve Lutvak plays Nov 7, 2018 – Dec 30, 2018 in FST’s Gompertz Theatre.
PREVIEWS & FEATURES
- ABC 7
- SARASOTA HERALD-TRIBUNE
- FST STAGE DIRECTIONS: Multi-Casting
- FST STAGE DIRECTIONS: How to Obtain a Title
- FST STAGE DIRECTIONS: Poise and Poison
- SRQ MAGAZINE
- SARASOTA MAGAZINE
- FST FOLLOWSPOT: Jimmy Nicholas
- FST VIDEO: While You Were Watching
- FST TEASER VIDEO
- FST EXTENSION VIDEO
- FST FOLLOWSPOT: Alexandra Zorn
- FST RAVE REVIEWS VIDEO
- FST AUDIENCES RAVING VIDEO
- FST FOLLOWSPOT: Behind the Scenes
- Due to popular demand, this production was extended twice! (through Jan 13, 2019)
- WINNER of BEST PROFESSIONAL THEATRE MUSICAL as voted on by the reading public in the CURTAIN CALL AWARDS.
- Sarasota Herald Tribune 2019 “Handy” Award Nomination for BEST SCENIC DESIGN (Isabel and Moriah Curley-Clay)
- OBSERVER: Great comedic actors… a killer time… Director Jason Cannon takes the audience on a wild ride… an entertaining, fast-paced show.
- SARASOTA MAGAZINE: Killer comedy… great fun under the direction of Jason Cannon… bound to entertain.
- TOTAL THEATRE: You can blame director Jason Cannon along with music master Darren Server for leading you to enjoy corny carnage. They don’t let their doubling supportive cast members miss a beat or a telling facial expression in any of their roles.
- TALKINBROADWAY: At Florida Studio Theatre’s Gompertz Theatre, seating 275, it proves a perfect fit… Jason Cannon directs with a sure hand, keenly aware of the tartness this satire requires.
- VENICE GONDOLIER-SUN: Each of these characters are given over the top interpretations by these talented players guided by the creative talents of director Jason Cannon and musical director Darren Server who prove to be a well-oiled team that takes a great concept and with a team of talented actors, milks the clever script for every drop of humor… prepare to laugh for a really long musical that seems to be over all too soon.
- SARASOTA HERALD-TRIBUNE: A spirited production… a delightful musical that can win you over with its offbeat story and charm.