Burt & Me
BURT & ME tells the story of Joe and Lacey, high school sweethearts, who share a love for basketball and the music of Burt Bacharach. When college separates them, history succumbs to geography. After meeting years later, Joe comes up with an elaborate scheme to get Lacey back. A coming of age story featuring the music of Burt Bacharach as the soundtrack of generations, featuring songs such as “Raindrops Keep Falling on My Head,” “I Say A Little Prayer,” and “Wishin’ and Hopin’.”
PREVIEWS & FEATURES
- Read the preview in BROADWAYWORLD.COM
- Read the summer season preview in the SARASOTA HERALD-TRIBUNE
- FST PROMO VIDEO
- FST EXTENSION VIDEO
- Read the extension notice in BROADWAYWORLD!
- The Observer: Winning performances all round… Director Jason Cannon and choreographer Kathryn Gasper whip up this frothy fantasy to a fare-thee-well… Even Bacharach’s sad songs make you feel good. Based on the opening night response, the FST audience did. Heck, I did.
- TotalTheater.com: Jason Cannon’s direction emphasizes author McKenna’s emphasis on “What the World Needs Now is Love Sweet Love.” Swift scene changes are another fine Cannon contribution… If you think a sweet love story told in clean, appropriate language to original, classically modern music isn’t as attractive to young people as to Sarasota’s mostly older population, you haven’t witnessed them—as I did leading a standing ovation at Florida Studio Theater.