Florida Studio Theatre
Winner of eight Tony Awards including Best Musical! ONCE tells the enchanting tale of a Dublin street musician who’s about to give up on his dream when a beautiful young woman takes a sudden interest in his haunting love songs. As the chemistry between them grows, his music soars to powerful new heights. Emotionally captivating and theatrically breathtaking, ONCE draws you in from the very first note and never lets go; an unforgettable story about going for your dreams and the power of music to connect us all.
PREVIEWS & FEATURES
- SARASOTA HERALD-TRIBUNE
- FST PREVIEW
- FST TEASER
- CAST SUNSET “GOLD”
- FST EXTENSION VIDEO
- FST CLOSING NOTICE VIDEO
- Due to popular demand, this production was extended three times!
- 2018 SARASOTA HERALD-TRIBUNE “HANDY” AWARDS NOMINATIONS
- BEST PRODUCTION OF A MUSICAL
- BEST DIRECTOR OF A MUSICAL
- BEST MUSICAL DIRECTOR (Darren Server)
- BEST LEAD ACTOR (Ben Williams)
- BEST LEAD ACTRESS (Elizabeth Nestlerode)
- BEST COSTUME DESIGN (Susan Angermann)
- BEST “MAGIC PAIRINGS” (Ben Williams and Elizabeth Nestlerode)
- SARASOTA HERALD-TRIBUNE: Those songs, along with the characters and their stories, quickly win you over in Jason Cannon’s engaging and heartwarming FST production… The story may not take you where you hope or expect, but it wisely leaves you wondering what will happen and really caring about the possibilities.
- BROADWAYWORLD: A flawless production… Passionate and realistic… Hit the ball out of the park… Strikingly visual choreography.
- YOUROBSERVER: Director Jason Cannon keeps you emotionally engaged with the play’s well-drawn characters… “Once” charms you and doesn’t lie to you. It’s a great show — and an honest one.
- SARASOTA MAGAZINE: A lively, touching show… Humorous… You’ll be impressed by their life and spirit…
- TOTALTHEATER.COM: Rambunctious… Lively… Ever-so-bustling.